Thursday, October 25, 2012

One Week Already?

I just received an e-mail from my Municipal Liason. It's one week to go! Wow. Has it been one week already? How time flies! I'm still working on that outline. Will Need To Do Better!

It has been a difficult week for me due to illness and lack of sleep and work. I'm trying to keep up, but there are just so many different issues that needs taken care of. I still need to work on the bills for this month. Not only that, I still need to keep up on the issues so I can vote. I'm not sure whether or not I can vote this year. I usually vote, though. This year? I just don't know.

It's interesting that technology is both a boon and a curse. With technology, I can keep up with the latest subject. I subscribe to several blogs, and news is just a download away. However, with technology, I also become outstretched and overworked. There are just too many interesting things to keep up with!

Mind you, I speed read, so it doesn't take all that much time for me to read stuff. However, the amount of interesting stuff just pile on, and so I am overwhelmed with various things to check out on the Internet.

But not this week. This week has been a disaster. Being sick is a terrible thing to happen. Being sick while working 12+ hours per day is just murder. It's a good thing I can do my work while sleeping, but I do wonder about the quality of my work. Probably not too good, and I won't realize it until it's too late!

That's not a good thing.

On a related note, in part of my research, apparently Dragon Naturally Speaking has tweaked their algorithm to allow accented speaker to enter speech into the computer. I do notice that Google speech recognition has relatively good performance, even though it's still not perfect. I should try out at least Dragon version 12 and see if it can read my speech well. Because if so, then I'll just get one of those digital voice recorder and dictate my story that way! At night, just punch it into the computer for transcribe and be done!

The thing is, you need to get the story in there somehow, and you don't need to edit until December, and it can go on until October where you need to finish up and start on your outline for next challenge.

Oh, well, I guess I'd better go and start working on my outline. I also have a couple post regarding my set up for the challenge.

Typing time: 10 minutes. No edit.


No comments:

Post a Comment