Monday, November 18, 2013
Simpleton Geek Teaches Computer Programming Book 1 Chapter 5
5. First Test
5.1 Democracy
“Oh, by the way, guys, big exam next week! We've been up to our neck with binary arithmetic and it's time for you to show off your stuff! Not, that you'll be doing well at it, judging from your quiz scores. Still can't multiply 2 numbers properly?” The teacher was just laughing at the daily quiz score, where in addition to binary arithmetic, there are 10 questions of multiplication 2 four digit numbers, and that the students need to do it mentally, in their head, without writing anything down.
“But teacher! You keep making it harder for us! We'll never catch up!” protested Nancy, one of the slower student in the class. Linda, who sat next to her tried to hush her, to no avail.
“So? Not my problem! As long as the class improve, that's all I care!”
"Don't we have a say in this? After all, we're supposed to learn computer programming! Why do we have to bother with mathematic?"
"Fail! You need to be specific! You don't say mathematic when you mean 'arithmetic'! See how faulty your brain is? That's why you need to practice arithmetic. Math has a clear and simple way to say that you are WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!" The teacher just laugh, clearly enjoying himself.
"I think we should have something to say here. After all, we're in a free country!" She whined.
"Oh, is that so? Well, do you want to put it into a test?" Asked the teacher, his eyes gleaming.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, let's take a vote right now. Settle down, class. Let's take a vote on your school uniform. Let's do a girl's uniform. How about if you wear this classic, traditional school uniform?" The teacher held up a long sleeve, ankle-length hem skirt uniform.
"That's rather old-fashioned, don't you think?" Nobody voted for that one. It's cut very modestly. Something that old ladies, or grandmas would wear. Who wants to be wearing that to school? Only fashion-challenged students would do so.
"Then how about this one?" The teacher held up a knee-length skirt uniform. There's very little difference with what the female students are currently wearing.
"Isn't that similar to what we're wearing right now?" Why even bother? It's cut a little differently here and there, but overall, there's no perceptible difference between the two.
“Are you sure you don't want to vote for this one? It's a safe vote, don't you think? Think about it! You don't really need to change anything. It's all very convenient.” asked the teacher.
Still, no one voted for that one. Not that many students wants to wear uniform in the first place. Given the choice with the current uniform, and a slightly different one, most student would prefer to stay with the current uniform.
"Then how about this one?" The teacher held up a micro skirt length uniform. Simultaneously, all boys' hands went up. "This one has the most vote! We'll go with this one!" Nancy was just stunned, looking at the shortness of the hem. Linda who was sitting next to Nancy whacked Nancy's head in frustration.
Later on, Nancy was walking home from school, wearing her microskirt uniform when the wind blew and lifted her skirt. "Kyaaa!" Nancy screamed in embarrassment as she tried to push her skirt down. All the other girls nearby pointed her out. "What a pervert!" They were all thinking. Nancy was red with embarassment.
5.2 The answers for the test
“So, the answer to that is FALSE!” The teacher was just going through the convoluted calculation of TRUE and FALSE question. The class was mind-numbingly going through something like this:
((1 AND 0) OR 1) XOR (0 AND 1) AND NOT (1 XOR 0 (AND (1 OR 0)) AND 1
Except there are numerous questions, and some of them goes for half a page or more! The students are all bored to tears.
“Come on, guys!” prodded the teacher. “This is all simple stuff! It's all very simple! Why can't you guys do this?”
“But teacher, it's very complicated. How can you say that this stuff is easy?”
“I didn't say it's easy. I say it's simple. Just four operators: NOT, AND, OR, and XOR. Add some parenthesis for details. You need to say hard, when you mean hard, instead of saying complicated when you mean hard.
“There is simple and easy, and there is simple and hard. Simple is the low scale of complicity, instead of difficulty. You need to be specific in your terminology or you'll never make it! Gya ha ha ha!”
“Teacher, just how do you do all this stuff, anyway? Do you really do this many binary evaluation exercise when you first learn computer programming?” asked a student.
“Ha! Of course not! Who wants to teach this kind of dredge materials?” Even the teacher admitted that it was boring!
“Then why?”
“Because you guys need it. You need to start paying attention to details, and there's nothing more I like than doing these kind of problems. Of course, there are many ways to do it, but really, the only reason you guys are suffering throught these kind of problems is because you guys are all careless, incapable of paying attention to details. As you as you can demonstrate the ability to pay attention to details, and get your grades up with these kind of problems, then I'll be happy to move on.
“As to why these exercises features these kind of problems, it's because these kind of problems are very easy to grade. All I have to do is remember ones and zeros, and that's all there is to it. You guys have to do the hard work, and I don't! Gya ha ha ha!”
Obviously, grading TRUE/FALSE question is trivial. It's either right or wrong.
“See, if you miss even one little bit, you'll get the answer wrong, and so you will have to go through all the calculations necessary in order to do it. And that's what you'll have to do. Develop your ability to go through that kind of mind-numbing details because that's what computer programming, or rather, computer program debugging is all about.”
“So, maybe we should debug our program less?”
“Gya ha ha ha! Of course, you should! In fact, your programs should all run correctly on the first pass. But let's face it, if you can't handle your ones and zeros, what makes you think you can handle anything harder?”
“Well, at least you spend a lot of time making up these questions.”
“What's that? What makes you think so?” asked the teacher.
“Well, because some of these are rather long, and I assume that it takes work to do these, and then there's evaluating it, too.”
“Nah, I just set to computer to spew these out randomly, and let the computer evaluate it. One button. One second. That's it! Gya ha ha ha!”
The students all moaned because the teacher got them yet again. They all felt helpless because of it. Is there no end in sight?
“Guess what, guys? We're going to finish up this subject. It's time that you get out of binary mode and start going into text mode. If you haven't done so, I suggest that you get yourself a Nintendo Dsi, but preferably 3DS, and download Petit Computer. We're going to start using it next week, as soon as we're finished with the big exam.”
“The big exam? What can that exam be about? We haven't learned anything!” The students are all scared and confused.
“Well, what do you think we've been doing? We've been learning TRUE and FALSE. Ones and zeros. So, that's what will show up on the exam. Just because you guys are doing it poorly, doesn't mean that it's not time for the exam. After all, you have all the necessary materials to take the exam. All you have to do is practice, as so not to be so careless and make too many mistakes. That's all. The concept is already there.”
“But it's sooo hard! We need more time!” pleaded the students.
“Too bad, but we've got schedule to keep, so let's keep moving. If you wish, we can use the rest of today as Question and Answer. Practice on the weekends, and take the exam Monday. Is that good enough?”
“How about making the exam easy?”
“What for? Doesn't matter how easy I can make it, you all are going to fail anyway! Gya ha ha ha!”
“Can you at least make it relevant to the real world? Instead of all theoretical, I mean.”
“I suppose I can do that, but it's more work for me, and there's no guarantee that you will pass. With the theoretical materials, at least you understand that completely. With practical materials, there's no telling what you know and don't know. Therefore, I really don't want to do it that way. Why would you want to do it that way?”
“Because I think it's better to be relevant than theoretical.” said Nancy. Of course, that's not the real reason. The real reason is that practical, real-world application is not that complex and that life lessons would have been at least familiar. The theoretical problems, although simpler, are so complicated as to be near impossible. The students' low grades almost guaranteed doomed exam.
“Well, I'll think about it. If it's okay with all of you, then I suppose I can make it practical, instead of theoretical. But I must caution you not to make that decision just because you don't want to study.”
“Of course, we'll study! We'll study real hard.” said the students.
“Okay, then. Any other question?” asked the teacher.
For a while, no one said anything. Then Nancy asked, “How about the answers to the exam?”
“What do you mean the answer to the exam? You mean the actual answers to the exam?” Nancy nodded. “Now, you can't really expect me to give those to you just like that, do you?” Nancy looked embarassed. “I need contribution from each and every one of you!” All the students snapped into attention!
“What, teacher? Do you really mean it?” the students could hardly believed what they're hearing!
“Sure. Why not? It's not like you're going to pass anyway. Gya ha ha ha!” Of course, the purpose of getting the answers is to pass the test, but the students said nothing.
“Alright. Start putting money here!” said the teacher, pointing to his hat. “If there's not enough money, there won't be any exam answers. Further more, once you put your money in, you'll never get it back, even if there's not enough money and I refuse to give you any answers! Start dumping your money here now!”
All the students lined up, and putting their money into the hat. “How much money do you want?” asked a student.
“You just ask that question now? Gya ha ha ha! Shouldn't you be asking that kind of question before anybody put their money in? Now, if there's not enough money, all that effort would've gone to waste! Remember, no refund!” The students who have put their money in felt a sudden despair. They plead to the rest of the students to put their money in.
Finally, after all the students have put their money in, and the teacher has finished counting the money, he said, “Okay. I count 10 dollar short. You need to collect 10 more dollars before I start giving in the answers!” The students hustled together and finally came up with the necessary 10 dollars. The teacher just laughed.
“Okay, here goes. Now write these down! You don't want to miss this. The answers to the big exam on Monday. Ready?” All the students gave their rapt attention. The anticipation is chilling.
“Answer #1: A!” The teacher wrote that on the board. All the students dutifully copied the answer.
“Answer #2: B!” The students wrote carefully, not wanting to miss anything.
“Answer #3: C!” The students all wrote carefully. It is important that they get it right!
“Answer #4: D!” The students started to get uneasy, as if a terrible fate will come at any moment.
“And that's it! Those are the answers of the exam! Boy, that was easy. The easiest money I've made in a long time!” The teacher laughed with glee.
“Huh? There are only 4 questions?”
“Of course, not! There will be 10 questions. But you didn't ask for the question, do you? Just the answers. Well, there you go.” The teacher winked. “Some answers may be used more than once! Gya ha ha ha!”
Curses! Their teacher got them again!
“Can't you just say it's a multiple choice question?”
“Of course, I can, and had you phrased the question that way, you would have gotten the answer for free. But you didn't. So, you end up paying money for something that you could have gotten for free. I hope you get your money's worth.”
“No, we didn't!” said the students.
“Yeah, well. A fool and his money are soon to part. Gya ha ha ha!”
“Teacher, how about giving the answers that goes with them?” asked a student. He wasn't thrilled about losing his lunch money for nothing.
“Well, that takes more money that what you have already given me. Remember, no refund. Can you give out more than that?” The students hustled together again. Out come some money and cheap jewelries. Some fancy pens and watches came out as well.
“Whoa. That's something!” said the teacher. “That is certainly enough, but are you sure you're willing to part with these? These aren't money, after all. Are you sure it's okay for me to have these?”
“We're okay with it, teacher. Please give us the answers.”
“If you insists, well, here goes...”
The teacher wrote on the board again. “Answer #1: A TRUE!” The students dutifully wrote the answer.
“Answer #2: B FALSE!” Again, the students copied the answer.
“Answer #3: C All of the above!” Some of the students felt rather uneasy.
“Answer #4: D None of the above!” Quite a few students looked at the teacher, quite unable to ignore the feeling that they're being taken again.
“Well, that's it! Good luck with that! Gya ha ha ha!”
The students all threw up their arms in frustration. “Teacher, can't you tell us that the exam will be a True and False exam?”
The teacher laughed. “Of course, I could. But you didn't ask me that, did you? Remember, what I told you about the fool and his money? Gya ha ha ha!”
There was nothing the students can do. Bribing the teacher is wrong and the teacher did mention about “no refund” clause, even offering them to back out of the deal. It's their own fault to fall into the ruse.
“How much money will it take to have all 10 questions and the answers for the exam?”
“No amount of money will give you that.” said the teacher.
“Because of principles?”
“Because I need to push the button, and that can only be done at home. I'm not about to give you the answer to that because that would mean I'm letting you bother me at home, and I'm not about to do that. Not for your measly little money, anyway.”
“But it's possible?”
“Hey, if you want to pay me $10 million dollars to blow on a test, I guess you're welcome to do it. But you have to understand that it's not a very good investment, and that as your teacher, I must advise you to just take the risk that you'll fail the test, than giving me that kind of foolish money.”
“But passing the test is important to us!”
“Nope. Passing the CLASS is important to you. An exam? The first one? Who cares? Passing the final exam is very important, but passing the very first exam certain isn't. Not $10 million important, anyway.”
With that, the student bowed their head in embarassment. They erred in understanding the importance of the exam. “Can we get our jewelries back?”
“Oh? You want them back? Sure. You can pick them up on the pawn shop nearby. You know, the one with green window? Yup, that's the one. Probably a week or so before they'll put these up. Gya ha ha ha!”
“So, are you going to make the exam a practical one, or a theoretical one?”
“Theoretical. It's less work for me, after all.” said the teacher.
“How about making it a practical one?”
“That would mean more work for me.”
“How much would it costs us?” asked a student.
“Relax, I'm not going to lynch you penniless.” the teacher said. “But you really need to learn the lessons of the fool and his money!” the student felt a deep embarassment.
“If it's okay with the whole class, I can make the exam a practical one. Is it okay with the whole class? Not one objection?” asked the teacher.
The whole class anonymously agreed to make the exam a practical one.
“Well, then, see you Monday. Have fun!” said the teacher.
5.3 The questions for the test
“So, did you study much?” asked Nancy.
“Yes, I did. I practiced those exercises as much as possible!” answered Linda. She was making sure that she will pass the test.
“Why would you want to do that? It's a practical exam, not a theoretical one!”
“I want to make sure that I won't fail due to technical mishaps. At least this way, I know I'm good with the logical portion of it. Just because the exam is going to be based on practicality, doesn't mean that I don't have to study! I want to pass the test, after all!”
“Well, it's a True and False exam, so there should be at least 50% chance of scoring.”
“True enough, but what about option C and D? What would 'All of the above' or 'None of the above' means in a True/False exam?”
“I don't know. I've never seen that before, have you?”
“No, I don't.”
“What do you think it means?”
“I don't know, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.”
The bell rang and the teacher entered the classroom. “Is everybody ready? No time for last minute question, and you're not going to pass anyway. Here's the exam. Get to it!”
All the students were ready to take the exam. They anticipated of passing the test easily. After all, it's just a simple True/False exam. How hard can that be?
Question #1: If black is white and white is black, is it black or white?
The good mood of the students evaporated by the first question. What kind of True/False question is that? How do you know whether it's black or white, or even anything? This doesn't make sense!
Question #2: A general sat down in front of a computer terminal. He typed his question: “Will it be war or peace?”
Again, with that kind of question! How can they tell anything regarding war or peace? What do the students need to do anyway. Exasperated, the students look at the teacher for hints. The teacher was snoozing away, totally carefree. A sense of doom permeated the students.
Question #3: The sky is blue. The banana is yellow. The grass is green. The rose is red.
Is that even a question? How is that a true and false question? These are just true statements, aren't they? The students marked TRUE on the answer sheet.
Question #4: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
It's a quotation from somewhere, but what does that mean regarding true or false? Is it true? How is that relevant to the exam? The students just gave up. This kind of exam is an impossibility!
Question #5: The sky is falling!
This totally threw the students for the loop! They certainly did not expect that at all!
Question #6: 2234985023 * 4950320496 equals 11063892167609930408
Is that 2 ten digit number multiplication? The students just feel like giving up. What kind of incredibly hard questions are these? No hope of passing the test!
Question #7: A sprinter tried to overtake the turtle ahead of him. Since both are moving, every time the sprinter reached the turtle's position, it has moved ahead for some distance. Will the sprinter take over the turtle?
At least, this is a True/False question. But if you think about it, the turtle will have always moved forward every time the sprinter reached the turtle's position. That is true no matter how quick the sprinter can be because the turtle kept moving. Therefore, the answer is FALSE. The students, thus, marked FALSE on the answer sheet.
Question #8: The glass is half full and/or half empty.
At least the students are back into familiar ground. And yet, it's a true and false question, so is it true? Or false?
Question #9: An advanced enough technology is magic.
Here's another quotation from somewhere. Is the quotation true? If it's really a quotation, will that make it true? If the quotation is falsely quoted, does that make it false? The students have no idea.
Question #10: TRUE OR FALSE? TRUE AND NOT TRUE!
The students have no idea. But since this is a True/False question, there is nothing else to do but evaluate TRUE AND NOT TRUE, which is TRUE AND FALSE, which is FALSE.
The next day, the teacher was addressing the class, regarding the exam. “You have got to be kidding me! These scores are absolutely ridiculously low. How can you look at yourself in the mirror each morning? Have you no shame? What kind of students are you?” He was absolutely disgusted with the low scores that the students were getting. “After I spent some effort in making practical exam, too! Had this been a theoretical one, I wouldn't have been so upset, as it would literally be one second effort!”
“But teacher, those questions are really hard to understand! We cannot tell whether they're true or false!”
“Nonsense!” said the teacher. I even threw a few easy ones. Don't tell me you miss those, too?”
“But teacher, we're really confused!”
“Ha! Next time you asked for a practical test, I'll just ignore you guys. This is totally unacceptable. Well, totally unacceptable by your parents. After you had paid for the answers, too! I'm find with it, since I'm not the one failing the class! Gya ha ha ha!”
The students were all very miserable. They simply do not know what to do.
“Okay, let's go over the questions one by one. We'll see if the questions are really as hard as you say they are.” The students became attentive. Those questions are really hard!
Question #1: If black is white and white is black, is it black or white?
“The answer to this is FALSE! It's not black OR white. It's black AND white. I really don't see how any of you can miss this question. Doesn't the first sentence clarifies the situation? It's black and white to begin with!”
“But teacher, that's not practical at all! It doesn't describe anything!”
“What do you mean it doesn't describe anything? Have you never seen a black and white picture before? This one here is simply a black and white picture with the color reversed. That's rather obvious, and I may add, common. What do you mean it's not practical?”
The students were speechless. It was an easy question!
Question #2: A general sat down in front of a computer terminal. He typed his question: “Will it be war or peace?”
“I don't see how this rates any other answer than TRUE.” said the teacher. “Why would you want to answer otherwise?”
“Because we don't know if there's a general who sat down in front of a computer terminal and typed those words.”
“In fact, it is true. The general in question was evaluating artificial intelligence project. The project in question is a knowledge database project. The program answers in true or false. The general is not important. The important part is the question. WILL IT BE WAR OR PEACE. In other words, the question is WILL IT BE WAR OR (NOT WAR). So you translate it to WILL IT BE TRUE OR NOT TRUE. As you know, TRUE OR NOT TRUE is TRUE OR FALSE, and that evaluates to TRUE. Simple as that!”
The students sank in their seat. They have totally misunderstood the question!
Question #3: The sky is blue. The banana is yellow. The grass is green. The rose is red.
“True.” said a student. The rest of the students all nodded their heads in agreement.
“Sorry, but that's not the right answer. The sky is blue only sometimes. Morning is yellow, evening is red. Black at night. So is banana. Green when unripe. Brown when overripe. Grass would be yellow when dried. Rose comes in many different colors.”
“So, the answer is False?” the students can't believe it!
“Incorrect. The answer is True sometimes, and False at other times. Therefore, the answer is both True and False. Option C: Both of the above.”
The students did a collective face palm.
Question #4: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
“So, what kind of true/false question is the sound of one hand clapping?” asked a student.
“An irrelevant one. Therefore the answer is D: None of the above.” The students all moaned in frustration. “What? Is that not obvious to you?” asked the teacher. “Gya ha ha ha! What a bunch of morons!”
Question #5: The sky is falling!
“And the sky is falling is also irrelevant one?” asked a student.
“No, in fact, it's very relevant. You asked for practical exam, didn't you? You got it! What did you answer?” asked the teacher.
“I answered false for being irrelevant.”
“Lucky you the answer is false. Sky is space. Space do not fall. Object falls, or floats, but space itself do not move. So, even though you have the wrong understanding, you still give the right answer, so you get the credit.”
Another student raised his hand. “I answered true because it's a valid quotation!”
“Sorry, whether or not the quotation is written somewhere instead of imaginary is irrelevant. What is said is what matters. Fail!”
Question #6: 2234985023 * 4950320496 equals 11063892167609930408
“That's a very difficult question right there!” said a student. “Do you really expect us to multiply 2 ten digit numbers?”
“Of course not. That's why I put in a wrong digit fourth from the left. It should take you just 5 minutes to find it. 10 minutes at the most.” The student was speechless!
Question #7: A sprinter tried to overtake the turtle ahead of him. Since both are moving, every time the sprinter reached the turtle's position, it has moved ahead for some distance. Will the sprinter take over the turtle?
“False.” said a student.
“Of course the answer is true!” retorted the teacher. “Have you never seen a sprinter run? He will pass the turtle just fine!”
“But, teacher, if you think about it...”
“Is this a practical test or a theoretical one? You asked for a practical test, and I gave you one. Why would you bother doing it the theoretical way when the practical answer is obvious?”
The student has no answer.
“Bah, and this is the throwaway question, too! I'm surprised not many of you actually get this question!”
Question #8: The glass is half full and/or half empty.
“C: Both of the above.” said a student.
“True.” said another student.
“The correct answer is TRUE.” said the teacher. “Remember the WAR/PEACE construct? Well, this here has the HALF FULL/HALF EMPTY construct. In the beginning, I had it as HALF FULL/EMPTY construct, but I decided to give you guys a break, so it's HALF FULL/HALF EMPTY construct. Both of which evaluates to TRUE. Regardless whether or not you evaluate TRUE AND TRUE, and TRUE OR TRUE, both evaluates to TRUE. Therefore, the answer is True!”
“Yes!” the student with the correct answer raised his hands. “That's 3 right answers!”
“I wouldn't be celebrating 3 right answers if I were you. It's still a failing grade.”
The student became quiet.
Question #9: An advanced enough technology is magic.
“Here is another quotation, and this one is by Arthur C. Clarke. Notice that here is a statement. Is it a true statement? Depends on who you ask. It's a matter of opinion. Therefore, the answer is C: Both of the above.”
The students were all disappointed. None of them got the right answer.
“What's that? You don't get it? How many times do I have to tell you this? It's back to understanding other's people opinion and perspective. Did I not tell you that opinions are neither right or wrong? You should have totally understand this. At least, tell me that you marked D: Irrelevant. Did any of you mark that option?”
A pitiful few hands went up.
“That's it? Geez, what a bunch of losers!” said the teacher.
Question #10: TRUE OR FALSE? TRUE AND NOT TRUE!
“False!” said a student.
“You sound confident. Does anybody else have another answer?” asked the teacher.
Peter raised his hand. “I answered C: Both of the above.”
The other students are all surprised! “But, TRUE AND NOT TRUE evaluates to False. Therefore the answer is False!”
“I think you misunderstood the question.” said the teacher. “The question has two parts. TRUE AND NOT TRUE is the second part.”
“And the first part?”
“TRUE OR FALSE. That one evaluates to TRUE.” the teacher explained. “So, you have both TRUE and FALSE evaluation there. Therefore, the answer is both true and false. That's option C.”
Peter smiled. The other students were all miserable in their seats. The teacher just laughed.
5.4 Logic vs Emotion
“So, you actually scored an 8. That's pretty good, considering the rest are scoring 2-4.” said the teacher.
Peter was visiting during consultation hours per usual. “Well, I have the advantage of knowing who the general is, and I did try to have different interpretations to the question. It helps a lot, by the way, in properly understanding the question.”
“And that's the way you're supposed to do it. See? It's not a hard exam.”
“Other students seems to be having difficulties.”
“That's because they don't look for alternative interpretations. They simply work with their first guess, and in this case, their first guess is often wrong.”
“So, that's the trick? Just look for alternative interpretation?”
“Sure is. I knew that's going to be trouble. That's why I was going to do the exam using theoretical questions. That way, there'd be no misunderstanding at all!”
“I think the students are all afraid of running into difficult question for the exam.”
“Oh?” the teacher shoots a questioning look at Peter. Peter became uncomfortable.
“What I mean is,” said Peter, “The students have been having difficulties in doing the daily exercises because it's too complex. They are afraid that if you put such questions on the exam, they would fail.”
“Hmmm. Yet that issue never came up. In any case, there is the difference between practice and application. In practice, you want maximum difficulties. That is by design. That's how you grow. The more difficult the challenge, the better the skills. In actuality, their skills is twice better than average already, simply because they have been surmounting incredible challenges.
“And yet, when you are applying the skill, or in this case taking the test, you need to ease off the difficulty challenge and set it to reflect normal occurrence. Had you guys agreed to theoretical exam, as opposed to practical one, I have no doubt that most of you will have earned passing grades. Better than one passing grade and the rest miserable failures, anyway.”
“Really?” asked Peter. “You'll actually ease of the difficulty level?”
“I once took a class where the professor pushed the exam at the limit of competence. Only 3 people, out of 20 students, passed it, and I was one of the three. So, it bodes ill to test at maximum level. The highest you should go would be at 80% maximum level. Even that level maybe too much. So, you should go for the normal level of difficulty.
“Of course, that may not be possible, depending on the materials, but in general, you want to maximize your training materials, but take it easy when testing.”
Peter mulled this over. “Still, there's quite a bit of misunderstanding on the exam.”
“Yes, I noticed that. It's because they are taking their life experiences with them. What they should have done is separate real life with computer life. They are taking the exam with their feelings attached, where they should rely completely on logic. A lot of people are having trouble with that. That's why I stress 'point-of-view justification' technique a lot. Yet, so many people are unable to learn it! That's why they fail.”
“So, we'll be doing that a lot?”
“It's time to move on. You'll be learning THE GRID, next.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment