Tuesday, November 6, 2012

CreateSpace self publishing

I was wondering if there is ever a possibility of actually publishing my Nanowrimo works, now that I can see the finish line. The trouble with it is that my story will end in about 5,000 words. That means the story will end in about 25,000 or half the minimum requirements for a novella.

So, traditional publishing is probably out. Kindle single may be acceptable, but I have to learn further. There are 2 choices that I can see: Smashwords or CreateSpace. For some reason, I am leaning toward CreateSpace. That's because they have integrated editing service. Rather pricy at $220 per ten thousand words, but if they're as good as the reviews say they are, then it'll be worth every penny.

I did managed to write another chapter today, and will write out another chapter before I sleep tonight, even if I have to do it on my bed. I will finish the story by tomorrow, though. What do you know? 25,000 words in one week! I would never have thought that was possible! Thank you Nanowrimo, for letting me see the light.

Hmmm. That means I should contribute to the group. The calendar says November 14 is their fund-raising day. I'd better mark it on my calendar then.

No comments:

Post a Comment