It's been two weeks in. Had the process been flawless, I'd have crossed the 50K line by now. Alas, it was not to be. I'm still behind at 34585. There would be no hope of reaching 50K by tonight. But that's all right. Even if I only managed 2K per day, I'd still make it. The most difficult thing to do is to select which stories that I want to do.
I had just finished another story, and it was done in one day. At 5800 words, that took almost a whole day. That's fine. Although I was really hoping for 10K for today. Again, the day is slow going. But slow and steady wins the race. The last few days was very hectic. Today is my day off, but I'm still reeling from the effects of the last few days. Tomorrow also promises to be hectic. I'm trying to fit in everything here by tonite.
Speaking of which, it's contribution day. I didn't really contribute. I'm planning to get on after I finished my story. And I finished it. 6 hours later than planned, but I finished it. Okay. So, I'll put down something. I don't like T-shirt and poster, but that bottle looks good. I'll get that one instead.
The last story was a big experiment. It was in first person voice, a mad woman, which I assure you is not me. I'm very sweet and gentle in real life. I don't know where the story came from. Really. Honest. You believe me, don't you? ^_^;
This new one has a lot of exposition. Having first person perspective frees me to give running editorial to the story. So, the experiment is successful. I managed to increase my word per hour number. I'm not sure I'm up to handling a lot more of these kind of stories, though. Originally, it was planned to be done in one sitting, or about 2000 words. But somehow, it kept ballooning over. Oh, well. It helps with the word count and when in doubt: EDIT LATER!
Thank you Nanowrimo!
89744
No comments:
Post a Comment